We have all the supplies you need. Stop in our new location at 147 Front St Historic Swansboro NC 28584. We have a good supply of hops , grains and equipment.
Today we are closing the Caralina Home and Garden location and moving to front street in Downtown Swansboro. If all goes well we will be open by this weekend! Wine, Beer and gifts came in yesterday. Today more wine and beer, ice cream and pepisi. All Homebrew and wine making supplies will be in transport today. Should be ready tomorrow in the front street location.
Today I am bottling my latest homebrew. I have a Wheat beer, Red Ale, a Coffee Stout and a Chocolate Cherry Stout to bottle. They were all partial mashes and have fermented for 2 weeks.After bottling they should be carbonated in a week and ready to drink but they will get better if I can wait untill they age for 2 weeks. I am thinking my next brews will be a Blue Moon clone, Oatmeal Stout and a Pilsner.Still working recipes.
Brewing up a Red Ale
The Do Red Ale
- 1 can light Malt Extract
- 1 can extra light Malt Extract
- 4 oz Melanoidin Grain
- 6 oz Cara red
- 1 oz Nugget Hop pellets (bittering)
- 1 oz U. K. Kent Golding hop pellets (half flavor & half aroma)
- 1 tablet Whirlfloc (Irish Moss)
- 1 pk Fermentis Safale 05 Dry ale yeast
- 5 oz priming sugar
- Steep grain in bag for 30 minutes @ 155 degrees
- 1 ozNugget 60 minutes
- ½ oz Kent 30 minutes
- ½ oz Kent 5 minutes
- 7 days in bucket with yeast, 7 days in glass. Prime and bottle 7 days
- EStT SG 1.054
- EST FG 1.012